Monday, November 24, 2008

My definitive tips for any fundraiser

I often get asked '...please can you help my fundraising' from very small, brilliant organisations who simply haven't got a clue where to start.

It is really hard to know where to start, so I am posting the top ten tips for any organisation considering whether to fundraise, based on an answer I gave on the Resource Alliance's Ask the Guru section.

There is a lot of information, so I am going to blog ten short blogs on each of these points:
  1. Mission Clarity has already been posted

  2. Board commitment / understanding

  3. Government

  4. Trusts and Foundations

  5. Corporate Fundraising

  6. Fundraising Events

  7. The biggest growth is from individuals

  8. Regular giving / monthly giving / direct debit

  9. Major donors and legacies

  10. Non fundraising fundraising
It would be really good to get lots of comments on them as we go.

In the meantime, visit Resource Alliance's Ask the Guru section where US fundraiser Jennie Thompson is guru for November - post a question to her now!


Sean Triner

No comments:

Disaster Fundraising Guide download it here